Click a subject to get full description
Under the general direction of the Accounting & Human Resource Manager, plans, coordinates and directs all functions of employee relations including labor relations, classification and salary administration, safety, training, and fair employment. Provides professional and technical staff assistance and performs related work as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Personnel (Management and Hourly)
- Edit and Distribution of the Employee Handbooks
- Compliance with the Company Attendance and Vacation Policies
- Edit and Maintain Job Descriptions (Mgmt. and Hourly)
- Comprehension and Implementation of all Union Articles and Sections
- Document and Facilitate Grievance Processes
- Timely filing of Unemployment claims, with proper documentation
- Maintain necessary YTD information reports on the network
- Safety (Workers’ Compensation and OSHA)
- Awareness and Training Sessions
- Safety Committee
- Accident Investigation
- Outstanding Claims Analysis
- OSHA Reporting and Compliance
- Flu Shot and other medical programs
- Record Keeping and Tracking of all Training
- Instruct management personnel on Union Agreement and Processes
- Primary Data Entry/Submission/Posting/Journal Entries
- Point program
- E-time, WC check
- Seniority, shift, phone and other lists
- Governmental forms / Garnishments
- Fringe Benefit Programs (Administration, Compliance and Participation)
- Health plan
- Dental plan
- Life insurance plan
- Disability plan
- Hearing Testing
- 401(k) plan
- Miscellaneous benefits and maintain associated withholding, if applicable, in payroll system
- Primary backup for Accounts Payable function
- Primary backup for Accounts Receivable function
- Secondary coverage for front door, company phone, and U.S. mail
- Employee Relations and Functions
- Holiday events
- Social outings
- Retirement parties
The above duties and responsibilities are just a summary of the major areas that require attention. They are not intended to be inclusive, nor do they indicate all responsibilities that this position will be evaluated on. Duties and responsibilities may be added and/or deleted depending upon the circumstances of the company.
Education: Any combination equivalent to education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, accounting and/or human relations. Minimum of five years’ experience in the designated areas.
Knowledge: Principles and practices of personnel administration, salary administration, safety, proper safety programs and policies, training techniques and program development of applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations ordinances and policies. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and its related programs.
Skills: Planning, organizing, assigning and coordinating; presenting ideas effectively both orally and in writing; dealing constructively with conflict and developing consensus.
Advanced Quality Planning
Advanced Quality Planning (AQP) is a process that brings all disciplines in the manufacturing process which ensures quality parts are produced. AQP is a proven process at B&D that guarantees our customers quality parts are on-time, safely.