Click a subject to get full description
Click a subject to get full description
The Quality Engineer/Manager supervises the inspection of incoming materials, work-in-progress and finished product to meet specifications and quality standards. Has Management responsibility over Quality Inspectors and Quality Engineers over all 3 shifts. Manages budget related to Quality department.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. New Projects
- Participates in “New Project Reviews”
- Determines inspection requirements for new parts
- Understands critical part features
- Understands end use of product
- Offers suggestions for revision to tolerances/material
2. New project inspection tooling
- Determine inspection tool use
- Tool specification
- Design and acquire tooling
- Certify and calibrate tooling
3. First Article Approval (ISIR) and Documentation
- Perform full inspection layout and document results
- Designate a part master sample
- Send sample part(s) to customer with applicable documentation and notify Product Manager
- Answer customer inquiries regarding samples, data
- Issues customer approval document when customer approves, notifying Product Manager, VP Engineering and Quality Assurance (places document in part master file)
4. Monitor New Process Quality
- Perform yellow tag process on new products.
- Provide statistical analysis on new products.
- Determine when yellow tag procedure is completed.
5. New Product Documentation
- Process documentation, setup information.
- Measurement instruction.
1. Determines suitability of quality tools for inspection of part features
- Bend boards (typically wooden or metal, for checking formed bends and lengths)
- Fixtures (typically metal, for checking complex parts and features)
- Gauges (pins, threads, feeler, etc)
- Measuring Equipment (commercially available items such as calipers, mics, tapes, height gauges, etc)
- CMM programming and training
2. Purchases Quality Tooling
- Works with vendors in design and build of fixtures
- Orders from commercial suppliers
3. Determines proper use of Quality Tooling
- Write instructions for use of tooling
- Train others in use of tooling
4. Manages condition of Quality Tooling to ensure functionality
- Maintenance and Repair
- Storage and control
5. Maintains documentation on Quality Tooling
1. Quality tool design and purchase records
- Cross reference tool # and 8-digit P/N
- Calibration (current and when due)
- Tool storage location
- Measuring instructions
- Use instructions (master and on floor)
- Change records (history files)
3. Floor Needs
- Assist in start-up at beginning of shifts
- Assist in new part start-up and check out
4. Customer Needs
- New product needs and requirements
- First part approvals and ISIRs
- Assist in solving customer quality issues
- Statistical analysis as required (process capability, R&R)
5. Quality Document Control
- Ensure floor part drawings are current revision level
- Ensure quality documents are updated as part drawings are revised
Education/Experience: Typical qualifications are professional degree or training in Quality requirements and SPC, 5 years’ experience in Quality Management in addition to 5 years’ experience in a Management role in Quality.
Knowledge: Principles and practices of Quality Management and SPC. Use of all tools and equipment used in quality control.
Skills: Developing and maintaining accurate records and reports; effective use of time and materials to ensure quality parts to the customer on time; analyzing and independently solving process problems; interpersonal communications verbally and in writing, with a diverse range of people; maintaining effective business relations with other departments and customers.
Bohn and Dawson offers a very competitive compensation, bonus and benefits package. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to Susanne Childers, Recruiting Manager at Bohn and Dawson.
Advanced Quality Planning
Advanced Quality Planning (AQP) is a process that brings all disciplines in the manufacturing process which ensures quality parts are produced. AQP is a proven process at B&D that guarantees our customers quality parts are on-time, safely.