Bohn and Dawson was founded in 1946 in a Saint Louis service station by Chet Bohn and Jim Dawson. Our first major project was the production of high volume tubular components for baby carriages. As American GI’s returned home from WWII to start families, the need for walking power motors exploded. The company recognized this opportunity and by the 1950’s was recognized as one of the leading suppliers of tubular handles to the Outdoor Power Equipment industry. In the 60’s and 70’s the company expanded into the fast-growing residential and commercial chair and table frame markets, achieving success that necessitated a move into our current headquarters facility
In 1990 we produced our first automotive components, which provided the impetus to re-tool our engineering, production, operations and quality systems. This transformative step revolutionized our ability to support high value-added engineered tubular component and welded assembly manufacturing across all the markets we serve.